We’re seeking the first new mutual bank charter granted in New Hampshire in 99 years.
By building bridges between communities and the food systems within them, we’re powering the revival of local, sustainable food in New England and New York. Our business has two sides, on one hand we’ll be lending to qualified food and farm businesses across the food value chain. On the other, we’re pursuing a state banking charter to open deposit accounts for anyone who [loves/eats/grows/cooks] local food in early 2022. We’ve chosen the mutual governance model because we intend to build an institution focused not on the next quarter but on the next century. But a true mutual takes plenty of partners—as such, we intend to provide attractive deposit products, designed to “Grow Your Change” by connecting partners to our mission and the greater sustainable food and agriculture ecosystem.
As our PX Associate you will be responsible for supporting our consumer and business partners at our retail banking storefront and contact center in Concord, New Hampshire. You’ll thrive in this role by
understanding both our values and those of our varied partner base. We’re looking for an ambitious teammate interested in learning and growing as we build our community.
What You’ll Do:
● Provide sales and service support to depositors and borrowers; handle day-to-day functions that ensure operations run smoothly. Support includes in person, telephone, and digital support (i.e., chat, email, website and social media).
● Promote a self-service environment, providing assistance and training on digital services: Consumer and business digital banking, account origination and onboarding, mobile and remote
deposit, etc. Work with management to develop training materials and aids.
● Monitor response times and resolutions to customer (partner) inquiries and complaints. Take responsibility to ensure resolutions are addressed. Provide reporting on service level and
performance metrics. Operate independently and elevate issues as appropriate.
● Remain knowledgeable of Walden Mutual’s products, services and regulatory requirements.
● Provide support for Marketing functions, including campaigns, initiatives, outreach, brand awareness programs, and product / service launches.
● Assist in the development and implementation of partner surveys.
● Provide support for Finance, Operations and Cash Management functions. Duties may include reconciliations, research, maintenance, monitoring, testing, and processing transactions.
● Complete required compliance related bank training and other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
● Curiosity and drive to understand and contribute to Walden Mutual’s mission and strategic objectives.
● BA/BS degree or equivalent banking or customer service experience and certifications.
● Customer facing work is a big plus!
● Comfort working with social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
● Strong communication with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to perform work accurately and within assigned deadlines - capturing metrics to assist leadership in continuous improvement efforts.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment; willingness to work on new endeavors and cross-functionally.
Bonus points if you have…
● An understanding of banking products, services, and systems, as well as regulatory compliance requirements.
● Experience developing and documenting procedures or continuous improvement.
● Experience in a customer (partner) facing role.
● Familiarity with sustainable operations, food or agriculture operations.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including health insurance, vacation time, paid sick time, paid Federal Holidays, and more. We’re building a team culture where everyone (including you!) can bring something to the table...whether it’s a 3,000 piece Lego bank or organizing our annual Walden Olympics.
When You Join Walden Mutual…
You’ll be contributing to a mission-driven startup committed to sustainable food and agriculture throughout the business communities in New England and New York. We’re building a diverse team that
shares our passion. If you are inspired by ambitious missions and working hard to support borrowers and depositors, we’d love to meet you!